Monday, September 15, 2008

AND THEN THERE WERE THREE...



WELCOME TO THE FAMILY NOODLES!

Most of you don't know this, but Kaylen and I have just added another member to our family. (No, I'm not pregnant!) :) Meet Noodles!!! He is our new Congo African Grey Parrot, the smartest of all the parrots. Noodles will be coming home in less than a month. He is still a baby, so we have to wait for Noodles to be weened. Noodles LOVES to cuddle up by our necks and rest. He is still VERY clumsy!!!!! Noodles also loves to growl at people he doesn't know. I am referring to Noodles as "HE", although we don't know the sex. They have to be DNA tested to know whether it is a male or female. I guess we will find out if Noodles lay eggs in the next 8 years. Noodles is a life-long commitment, as they live 50-65 years.



We are SO excited to have you as the newest Olsen, Noodles!!!



We love you!! :)

7 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Holy Congo African Grey Parrot, batman!! How fun!! What made you decide to get a parrot? Who named him/she/it? Come on girl, details. Congratulations guys, Noodles is going to live with a great family!! Love you guys!

Danielle said...

That is so cute! Wow, so this parrot might outlive you? That's so long! I want to come meet him/her when you bring him/her home...and I want him to growl at me. Grrr.

The Olsenaters! said...

Ok so I have no idea how to do this whole blog thing, so hopefully you guys get my comment! Anyhow...Danielle!!! I MISS YOU!!!!! :( We need to go out SOON! I miss my best friend from high school. Time flies. Anyway, about Noodles. YOU MUST come see her! She is BEAUTIFUL, and yes...she will have to be in our will because she will probably outlive us. Weird thought. She will growl at you at first, but I'm sure she will LOVE you! She thinks she is big and scary, but she's not. Beware of her nasty poo tho. She poos and pees at the same time. YUCK!

The Olsenaters! said...

Alison! Kaylen has wanted an African Grey since his mission. A family he knows had one. They are BRILLIANT!!! They are so smart its crazy. And so far, Noodles is an IT because you have to get them DNA tested to find out whether they are male or female. It costs $50 bucks, but we really really don't care if it is male or female so we opted out of the DNA testing. I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU MEET HER! ETHAN WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE HER! (i'll try to get her to tame her growl before then! LOL)

Danielle said...

I know Sarah, I miss you too!!! You HAVE to keep blogging. It gets addicting, I promise. This Friday a bunch of us girls are going to Keys on Main downtown...can you come??? You should!

angela said...

Cute Noodles!!! Where are you getting him from? I'm glad you're blogging now, I just got started about a month ago and can't stop! I found you off Danielle's. It's so good to see you again!!!

Mary Lee said...

It is rather odd that I have to wait ten years before I know if I have a granddaughter or a grandson. Hmmmmm. We can't wait to meet the newest Olsen!